The environment of Camping Ikeleane in Friesland
Camping de Ikeleane is located in the woods of south-east Friesland 14 km below Drachten. South-east Friesland is a very varied district. Whilst Friesland is known for its water, this area has no water. There is a lot of woodland, and there are fields of heather and many beautiful places to visit or to go cycling.
The open-air swimming pool in Bakkeveen with a fine sunbathing area is approximately 1.5 km from the campsite and offers plenty of aquatic fun. You will receive tickets for this for all your family members if you stay with us for three nights or longer. The campsite is also a very good starting point for outings by bike, on foot or by car.
The campsite has a booklet containing a variety of cycle routes. The campsite also is located on the network of cycle routes. This is a system which enables you to make up your own cycle route, without having to keep looking at the map or in a book.
So just what is there to do in the surrounding area? There are a few suggestions listed below. Because the campsite is situated within the triangle of Assen, Groningen and Leeuwarden everything can be reached by car within three quarters of an hour.
At our campsite, there is plenty to amuse the children:
- Bakkeveen: open-air swimming pool with large play area www.dundelle.nl, cycling routes, restaurants and belvedere, midget golf course and maze park.
- Drachten: De Welle. Covered subtropical swimming pool with 50 metre pool
- Leek: family amusement park Nienoord in Leek
- Appelscha: miniature park and attraction park Duinen Zathe
- Beilen: Oranje indoor amusement centre
- Assen: Verkeerspark Assen and Ballorig amusement centre
- Terhorne: Kameleondorp (Chameleon village)
- Schoonoord: Ellert & Brammert open-air museum
- Emmen: Noorder Dierenpark (zoo)
- Zuidlaren: Sprookjeshof attraction park
- Oosterwolde: experience life on a farm with all your senses
Great places to go close by Camping Ikeleane:
- Visit the islands as well. This is about an hour’s drive by car from Bakkeveen. Boats to Ameland depart from Holwerd, and then it takes approximately three quarters of an hour on the boat. For ferry times, visit www.wagendeposit.nl. Boats to Schiermonnikoog depart from Lauwersoog. www.wagendeposit.nl.
If you wish to go to Terschelling you have to depart from Harlingen, approximately an hour and a quarter’s drive. Then, the boat trip takes an hour and three quarters. For the ferry times, visit the ferry company Doeksen.nl.
- Leek: National vehicles museum
- Veenhuizen: Prison Museum
- Drachten: Drachten Museum
- Westerbork: Memorial camp, Second World War Westerbork
- Nijbeets: open-air museum It Damshûs
- Gorredijk: Museum opsterland
Feel free to contact us without obligation if you have any other questions about the area.